I decided to participate in Bout of Books this year! Several book bloggers I follow are participating, and I’m down for any reason to read.
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 6th and runs through Sunday, January 12th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 9.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. – From the Bout of Books team
- The Heroine’s Bookshelf: Life Lessons, from Jane Austen to Laura Ingalls Wilder by Erin Blakemore
- Songs of Willow Frost by Jamie Ford
- And When She Was Good by Laura Lippman (Audio)
- Finish at least one of the e-books
- Complete the audiobook
- Monday, 1/6: Read most of The Heroine’s Bookshelf (I toggled from chapter to chapter, which I almost never do!)
- Tuesday, 1/7: Finished The Heroine’s Bookshelf!
- Wednesday, 1/8: Read a small portion of Songs of Willow Frost
- Thursday, 1/9: Read a small portion of Songs of Willow Frost
- Friday, 1/10: Listened to And When She Was Good
- Saturday, 1/11: Finished And When She Was Good
- Sunday, 1/12: Weekend detox
Anyone else participating?