Earlier this month, Sree nominated me for the Liebster Award! The Liebster Award is a pay-it-forward, chain letter-type blog: someone nominates you, and you nominate others. The following conditions apply:
- The bloggers that have been nominated must link back to the person that nominated them
- Nominees must answer the eleven questions given to them by the person who nominated them
- Those nominated must choose eleven of their fave bloggers that have less than 200 followers to answer their own set of questions
- When you are nominated you cannot nominate the person that nominated you
- After nominating your faves you need to drop them a comment telling them that you nominated them
Sree’s questions and my answers are below:
- Which was the first novel you ever read? Does Dinotopia count? Executive decision: Dinotopia always counts.
- If you could go back in time and change one single thing you did, what would you choose? Loaded question! I actually don’t know if there’s one single decision I’d go back and change.
- If you were stranded on an island with a fictional character, who would you want it to be, and why? Oh man. My mind goes to so many fandoms – the Kingkiller Chronicles, ASOAIF, The Hunger Games, HP…I think I’d go with Kvothe from the Kingkiller Chronicles, because he has a great survival instinct, combat skills, book and street smarts, and a compatible personality.
- Do you prefer movies or books? Books, of course.
- If you had to learn a foreign language, which one would you choose? Spanish, Japanese, Gaelic, or German.
- What’s your favourite time of the day? I’m a morning person, but I do need about an hour to wake up before I can be around people.
- What annoys you the most? When people ask for my preference on how to do/handle something and totally disregard it. I mean this less in a “gathering general feedback” and more in a specific, pointed context.
- Pick one – Phone or Laptop? Laptop. Easier for writing 🙂
- What’s the most stupid thing you’ve ever done? I’m not sure what it would be, but I am sure that I’ll probably do something else that’s stupid – and I won’t beat myself up over it.
- What’s the most adventurous thing you’ve ever done? I’ve made a couple of “big moves” in my life. In 2005, I started my undergraduate program at Northwestern University. For a teenager who spent most of her life living in one county in the South and whose friends were staying on the East Coast for college, this was a big decision – and a great one.
- In your opinion, what’s the best thing about blogging? Engaging with people across the country (or even globe) over shared interests and ideas.
Now, for my eleven nominees and their questions!
The Nominees (in no particular order):
- My Pale Skin
- Books + Body
- Reckless Abandon
- The Ultimately Useless Stories of an Average Teenager
- This is a Book
- Musings of an aspiring scribbler
- Scenes and Sequels
- Momma Said There’d Be Days Like This
- Trudging Through Fog
- CL Mannarino
- One of the stipulations is that the blogger has less than 200 followers. I’m trying to ballpark based on info available on your blog/in WordPress Reader, but if you’re over 200 followers, please don’t feel slighted!
- I tried to verify through About Me pages if you don’t accept awards. If I missed that info, I apologize – and by no means are you obligated to accept, of course.
- Why did you start your blog?
- What’s your favorite post and why?
- What is your favorite book/series and why?
- You just got the best phone call of your life. Who called you, and what did (s)he say?
- You just woke up, trapped in your favorite game. Which game are you in, and what is your strategy to win?
- What is your favorite social media tool (Twitter, blog, Instagram, Facebook, etc) and why?
- You’re only allowed to listen to one musical artist for the rest of the year, including any possible new releases. Who is on your 2014 playlist?
- Which fictional world/setting (Narnia, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, etc) would you want to live in?
- Kanye West realized he is not the best at everything, and he’s producing a track in which you rap about your greatest skill. What is it?
- You decide to join forces with a superhero/superhero team. Who’s on your side?
- Why did the chicken cross the road?
Happy blogging, everyone!