Here’s the gist: use reinforcement stickers to create a heart-shaped pattern on your nails, then repeat. You’ll get a cool triple-layer design that looks great with a variety of color schemes (coordinating, contrasting, etc).
- Reinforcement stickers
- Base coat
- Three polish colors (pictured: Butter London‘s Yummy Mummy, Fash Pack, and Union Jack Black)
- Clear top coat
- Polish remover and brush (for clean-up)
- Paint a light layer of your first color. Do not paint the entire nail – you’ll end up with way too many thick layers at the end.
- Place your reinforcement stickers on your nails. I found it was easier to do one hand at a time. Also, you’ll want to space the stickers out pretty far to get the heart shape.
- Paint your second layer of color, wait about ninety seconds, and remove the stickers. It’s best to wait a while before proceeding (I gave it ten minutes to be on the safe side).
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 with your third color.
- Add a clear top coat.
- Clean up inadvertent errors with nail polish remover and brush.
I went with a neutral to black progression, but how fun would a color palette be? Or primary colors? A holiday theme could be fun, too.
Got other ideas? Leave them in the comments!